Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Daddy's Boy, Momma's Boy???

A few days ago as I was reading my Bible I came across Genesis 25:28, "And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob." In this verse it says that Isaac loved Esau, but Rebekah loved Jacob. Sad to say, this happens a lot today. As a parent, it is important to love each of your children with an equal love. You shouldn't favor one child over the rest of them. Jacob experienced this as a child and it caused problems in their family. It also caused problems down the road for Jacob. Look at Genesis 37:3; " Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colours." Jacob is now married himself and has twelve sons and one daughter. Jacob turned out just like his parents and in this verse it says that he loved one son, Joseph, more than the rest of his other kids. It also caused problems and Joseph's brothers hated him because of it. We talked about this fact for a while during our devotional time and I hope it helps you in some way to not make the same mistake in your own family.
~Caleb~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very true we humans don't learn very quickly even though it is in his word.
Just like we thought the world was flat 500 years ago when the Bible said 2500 years ago it was round.

Anonymous said...

Bro Caleb an interesting post but how true it is. God help parents to really see how they treat each of their children and see if they do it with equality.
Bro Tim

Anonymous said...

Great post. It is very important to love each child equally. I am very happy to say that I never felt that my parents showed any type of favortism at all when I was growing up and I do not feel that my children think that I do either.

Anonymous said...

My parents never loved any of us three kids more than the others. I am thankful for that. I saw friends of mine that were favored over others or had others favored over them. It always saddened my heart too. If we will just love our kids as God loves us...each one as if we were His only child...then we'd be loving with the right love. God loves each of His children the same...no more and no less!!

The Good Reporters said...

Thank God for our parents showing the same amount of love to each of us children. Thanks to each of you for your comments.