Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I Will Remember......

Yesterday, I read from Psalm 78. Throughout the chapter, the children of Israel were constantly whining and complaining in spite of all the things God had done for them. He divided the waters for them to cross, gave them water when they were thirsty, fed them when they were hungry, etc. As I read through this Psalm, not one time did I see them thanking God for His provisions. I couldn't help but think of how the Israelites actions are not different from most of us today. So often we complain about the things that we don't have, yet fail to thank and praise the Lord for the things we do have. When we find ourselves thinking this way, we need to turn back one Psalm and put into action verses 10-12. "And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High. I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old. I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings." All of us need to take the time to look back and remember where God has brought us from, what He has done for us and all He is going to do. Before we start to complain and whine about our present circumstances, let's take time to be thankful for the Lord's goodness to us.
~Joshua~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Joshua! Good post it does us good to go back and see what God has done for us for two reasons one because it helps us get through what we may be going through because he has been faithful to get us through before, and second to praise him for his goodness to us, I don't know about you but I know I could be in Hell this morning if it wasn't for God rescuing me
Bro Tim

Anonymous said...

You are right! So many times we don't thank God for the things He has blessed us with. Very good post, Joshua!

Kristina

Anonymous said...

Oh...just to let you know I have been trying to comment on here and for some odd reason it would not let me. This is the first time that it has actually let me comment.

Anonymous said...

Amen and AMEN!!! Great post Joshua!!! It is our fleshly nature to murmur and complain. I do however thank God for lifting me out of the miry clay and setting my feet upon the solid ROCK!! God has been so very good to me!! I don't deserve a bit of it but He loves me and just keeps on blessing and giving to me. You are so right about remembering those things that God has done for us but more importantly we NEED to remember Who He is. He is my EVERYTHING!!