Monday, September 11, 2006

But Some Doubted...

Joh 11:45,46 Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him. 46. But some of them went their ways to the Pharisees, and told them what things Jesus had done.
Today in my daily Bible reading, one chapter I read was John 11. After Jesus had resurrected Lazarus and they had loosed him, I noticed verses 45 and 46. In verse 45 it says that many believed, but we read in verse 46 that some did not. As I read this, I thought of Matthew 28:16,17 which Pastor preached on last night. Mt 28:16,17 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17. And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. In this passage, it tells how the disciples see Jesus face-to-face and yet doubt that He was really alive. That is so similar to what happened here in John 11. They see Lazarus die, they see him buried, and four days later they see Jesus raise him from the dead. But, according to verse 46 some still did not believe on Jesus.
Thinking of these two passages, I am reminded of people today. They have seen the hand of God at work, yet they still will not believe. It reminds me of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16. When the rich man, from hell, desired for Lazarus to be sent to warn his five brethren of "the place of torment", Abraham's response in verse 31 was, "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
~Caleb~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guys, I think you guys write too much....you need to do some posts your personal lives...or maybe you should get a life...

The Good Reporters said...

Hello anonymous! Thank you for stopping by.
Concerning your suggestion of us getting a life let me assure you, we DO have a life.....a NEW LIFE in Christ. The question we have is, do you?
Ro 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Ga 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Anonymous said...

GOod Post and good come back at anonymous. Continue to keep up the good work and serve the Lord.
Bro Tim

Anonymous said...

Been missing y'alls posts!! Hope you get back to doing them again soon.

Anonymous said...

WHere you at, been missing your posts.
Bro Tim

Anonymous said...

Where o' where are the Harkins brothers at? O' where o' where could they be? Keep checking but still nothing. I miss you guys and your thoughts!! Love to the family!!